What is Leelo?
- Leelo is a platform for groups within college communities with both public and private options for interaction.
- Users like you provide all of the content and decide, through voting, what's good and what's junk.
- Leelo is made up of many individual groups. Each group has its own page, subject matter, users and moderators.
- Users post stories, links, and media to these groups, and other users vote and comment on the posts.
- Through voting, users determine what posts rise to the top of group pages.
- Content that receives community approval bubbles up towards #1, keeping the ecosystem active and dynamic.
Can anyone post on Leelo?
Yes, as long as you have a .edu email address. You'll just need to create an account!
What is Clout?
A user's clout reflects how much a user has contributed to the Leelo community by an approximate indication of the total votes a user has earned on their submissions ("post clout") and comments ("comment clout"). When posts or comments get upvoted, that user gains some clout. You can see how much clout a user has on their profile page.
The best way to gain clout is to submit posts that other people find valuable and interesting and commenting on posts with insightful content. Being on-topic, relevant, funny, interesting, or engaging are great ways to earn comment clout. Being insulting, rude, or abusive is not. Snark can go either way.
You do not earn clout from your own default upvotes on your submissions and comments, only from other people's votes. In other words, you can't earn clout just by submitting posts or writing comments - other people have to vote on those posts and comments.
How is a post's or comment's score determined?
A post's score is simply the number of upvotes minus the number of downvotes. If five users like the submission and three users don't, it will have a score of 2.
Can I create multiple accounts?
No, you can only create an account with your unique university email address.
How do I log in to Leelo if I forgot my password?
To reset your password, follow these steps:
- Under the Sign In button, tap the Forgot password link.
- Enter your email address, then click Reset Password. An email with a link to reset your password will be sent to your email address.
- Click on the link in your email to reset your password.
- Enter and confirm your new password, then tap Change Password.